ISU ADVANCE News
- Angela Shaw received the Faculty Award for Diversity Enhancement
- Hilary Seo, associate dean for curation services and associate professor in the University Library, has been selected for the 2018-19 class of the Association of Research Libraries' Leadership Fellows program
- ISU Advance aims to diversity faculty
- Eulanda Sanders has been selected for the 2018 Women Impacting ISU calendar
- Jeanne Serb, associate professor of ecology, evolution and organismal biology has been appointed as the new director for the Office of Biotechnology
- Faculty help peers create fair searches, welcoming departments (Inside Iowa State, November 9, 2017)
- Distinguished Professor Alicia Carriquiry named to National Academy of Medicine
- Distinguished Professor Diane Birt named to National Academy of Medicine
- Distinguished Professor Catherine Kling named to National Academy of Sciences
July 31, 2013
Bryony Bonning, professor of entomology, is one of 10 scientists named 2013 Fellows of the Entomological Society of America. Founded in 1889, the Entomological Society of America is the largest organization in the world serving the professional and scientific needs of entomologists, with 6,500 members.
ISU faculty member wins Iowa AAUW award Sharon R. Bird, Iowa State University professor of sociology, received the Iowa Chapter of American Association of University Women's 2013 Distinguished Faculty Award.
CHS alumni wins ISU Distinguished Alumni award Throughout her long career in higher education, Leola Adams has been recognized as a strong leader and administrator, a productive teacher and researcher, and a mentor and inspiration to students. For all of her contributions to the profession, Leola Adams, a graduate of Iowa State University’s College of Human Sciences, is one of four recipients of the 2013 Distinguished Alumni Award
Women and Diversity Grant Proposals due March 1. Proposals are due March 1 for the Women’s and Diversity Grants Program, which is designed to support initiatives that will enrich the experiences of women and diverse faculty, staff and students at ISU. Up to $50,000 in funding is available in support of women’s and diversity initiatives. ISU faculty or staff, as individuals or as teams, may submit proposals.
September 4, 2012
Elisabeth Huff-Lonergan, professor of animal science in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, has been appointed as Iowa State University’s ADVANCE Faculty Fellow for 2012-2014. Dr. Lonergan will lead the ADVANCE Program's initiatives in the Provost's office.
August 24, 2012
Judy Vance, Joseph C. And Elizabeth A. Anderlik Professor of Engineering, has received an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Engineering from Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, U.K. Read the Article